Top Social

Guest Posting On Cal On The Move: Valentines Day Makeup

11 February 2015
Hi everyone, I'm Jenny and I blog over at Jennys Everyday Life. The lovely Calli from Cal On The Move asked me if I would be interested in doing a collaboration post for Valentines Day and of course I agreed - she's absolutely lovely and if you haven't followed her blog yet, please do! I also guest posted over on her blog so you should definitely pop on over and have a read. With Valentines Day right around the corner and an abundance of date nights we thought we'd create simple Valentines Day makeup looks . Now I know red makeup looks are always a firm favourite but personally I thought the pink would be a lot softer and would suit me a lot more - plus red just screams Christmas to me and at least pink is a bit more Spring-y. 


  I started applying my go to concealer - the Collection Lasting Perfection over any blemishes I had and since I wanted to have a dewy fresh faced glow I applied my Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation with my Real Techniques expert face brush. Now I would use powder normally to set my makeup but this time I wanted it to stay dewy so skipped this.

     The main focus I wanted to be on the eye makeup and the beautiful pinky shades so I used the Maybelline 24 Hour Tattoo in 'Pink Gold' as a base, then opted for the crease colour from my Wet & Wild Trio Palette as an all over colour. I then blended this with the light pink eyeshadow from my Accessorize palette and applied the darker pink shade for in the crease (pictured above). I then applied eyeliner using my Collection Felt Tip liner to give my eyes some more definition and to draw more attention to my eye makeup which is the centrepiece of the look. For my brows I used my MUA Blonde Pencil in Blonde, then a brown eyeshadow from my MUA Heaven & Earth palette to add a more natural look and then set with my Maybelline Brow Drama. 

     For my cheeks I used my Sleek Face Form Palette to contour my cheek bones and for blusher, since I wanted to keep this look fresh faced and mainly drugstore I then used my MUA mosaic blush which doubles up as a blush and highlight. I then used my MAC MSF in Soft & Gentle (I cheated) for an extra healthy glow. Lastly I applied my Wet and Wild lipstick in  Maeve Outta Here, a lilac colour and completely out of my comfort zone  but on the lip it appears more pink than lilac and a lovely shade if you fancy mixing it up a little from baby pinks or berry shades - it also matches the eye makeup perfectly. 

     So that's my finished Valentines Day Makeup Look, I hope you enjoyed reading this guest post :) I want to say a massive thank you again to Calli for asking me to do this collaboration as I really liked doing a different kind of post to what I usually would and if you quite liked reading this feel free to pop over to my blog and say hi! Jenny xo 

   Bloglovin'  //   Twitter  // Instagram  
Post Comment
Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time and effort to read my little blog and leave a comment, it means a lot! I read and reply to them all and you can also tweet me at @JennysEveryday_