Top Social

Lip Balm Loving: Nuxe

28 April 2015
Something I've always been lacking in life is an utterly amazing lip balm that just blows all the rest out of the water, babylips tried and tested, other chapsticks tried, even the trusted vaseline (which has about twenty different uses) and none of them seem to do the trick: so when I heard about the Nuxe Reve de Miel lip balm I was a little sceptical. A month or two ago they launched their 20th Anniversary packaging and I decided to pick one up & give it a go since the packaging was even cuter than normal and my lips needed some tlc! (tmi, nearly)  


At first I thought the tub, although adorable was a little small for the price tag but as I've come to learn its not at all, I've been using it daily for a month and there isn't even a substantial dent in it, a little really does magically go a long way which I couldn't be more chuffed about! The red anniversary edition that I picked up smells distinctly of grapefruit which is very spring/summer orientated and I can't stop sniffing it - I'm not sure what the original smells like but I can imagine its just as nice.

The lip balm is primarily aimed at people with dry or damaged lips and it'll probably be a godsend in the A/W months (but thats a long time off yet) but even now applying some before bed gives my lips plenty of moisture and they feel more refreshed and healthy than they have done in ages, whenever I wake in the morning my lips are super soft and stay like that all day. I'm hoping that if I continue to use it, it will repair my lips completely and keep them nourished throughout the summer months.

The ingredients include honey, sunflower and shea butter & honestly they're the perfect combination because I probably couldn't live without this lip balm and thats saying a lot because I usually skipped the whole lip balm phase when applying makeup and just skipped to the lipstick/gloss/liner except for those matte days when you need a little something extra. As I mentioned its slightly pricier than other lip balms but its definitely worth it and I'm now converted, I'll definitely end up repurchasing, I just hope the Anniversay packaging stays around for a while!

Thanks for reading, Jenny xo
P.s have you used any good lip balms lately or any that you absolutely swear by?

   Bloglovin'  //   Twitter  // Instagram  


6 comments on "Lip Balm Loving: Nuxe "
  1. Nuxe is my holy grail lip balm, nothing seems to work now quite like this!
    Jodie xo // JodieLoue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's amazing, I think it may have just taken the title as holy grail for me as well! x

      Delete
  2. Great post, will defs need to try it out :)!x

    orlaghmarie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aw thank you! definitely keep an eye out if its on offer if you don't want to splurge x

      Delete
  3. i wasn't sure if i liked this lip balm or not, but after a couple of weeks using it i realised i have not had any dryness or chapped lips, so it definitely works! out of all the lip balms i have ever tried it is the only one that worked!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It takes a day or two to really notice the difference but its amazing once you do! Its great, I'm glad you found one that eventually worked well for you :) x

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time and effort to read my little blog and leave a comment, it means a lot! I read and reply to them all and you can also tweet me at @JennysEveryday_