Top Social

DVD Haul

20 April 2015
I've only just noticed how little I mix it up on the blog in terms of non beauty related things which is a bit of a let down since I love reading non beauty posts on other blogs so much so I thought I'd incorporate some more. Over the past few weeks I've been on a dvd binge as you will, usually I'm not a huge dvd buyer and my collection is probably a lot smaller than average so I thought I'd build it up starting with a few Disney classics & share with you lovely readers of course!


I'll always be the first person to put my hands up and say I love Disney, always have, always will and this is showing my age but all of my Disney movies I have at the minute are on video (I'm a true nineties kid) & lets be serious no one has video players anymore so I thought I'd have to update the collection into DVD format. Therefore when I seen a buy one get one free offer I knew I'd have to pick some up, this resulting in me buying eight (I told you I binged) Disney DVD's. 

In the end I decided on The Lion King, one of my favourites movies of all time, Peter Pan (the animated version), Sleeping Beauty and The Jungle Book. At first that was all I was going to buy but then I went back a few days after and couldn't resist so I picked up Cinderella, The Lady and the Tramp, 101 Dalmations and Monsters University to join my lone Tangled DVD. I was sort of restricted in the ones I could buy because not all of them were on offer but you can still imagine my excitement and inner child jumping for joy when these packages arrived on the doorstep, can't you? 

To balance it out a little I thought it'd be better to buy a few more 'grown up' movies, I say grown up (I mean not pg), I'm a wild child alright. The first one is the Maze Rumner, I remember seeing this movie last year and loved it, Dylan O'Brien is adorable too and I'm looking forward to the second movie, The Scorch Trials which is going to be released this year (I'm halfway through the book at the minute and I can't seem to put it down). 

After that I bought Gone Girl which is unusual for me because at the age of 20, I can safely say I don't own very many 18 rated movies, I think it's because scary/creepy/twisted isn't really my thang, give me a 15 and that'll do me. I'm now on the hunt for yet more DVDs, I'm dying to pick up a few like Finding Nemo & Monsters Inc as well as some non Disney DVDs too, maybe some rom-coms. I can see me needing new storage in the near future for them too so a trip to ikea might be on the cards and that can never be a bad thing. So yeah I hope you enjoyed this kind of post, let me know!

Thanks for reading, Jenny xo
P.s if you can think of any good DVDs, new or old, leave them below? Have you bought any lately? 

   Bloglovin'  //   Twitter  // Instagram  

3 comments on "DVD Haul"
  1. I haven't bought any DVDs lately! I've been so busy! But my favorites are definitely Lady and the Tramp and 101 Dalmations as well! I haven't seen Maze Runner, but my sister enjoys it!
    :) x
    Kenzie
    Behindhazeleyes06.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I usually don't have the time either, its nice to treat yourself once in a while though! I loved those when I was younger, all Disney movies are classics :) It's really good, you should borrow it off her and give it a watch definitely x

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time and effort to read my little blog and leave a comment, it means a lot! I read and reply to them all and you can also tweet me at @JennysEveryday_