Top Social

Mad About Matte

6 March 2014
This reviews definitely been a long time coming, I'm sorry! When I first got these little wonders I wanted to wait a while until I'd tried them all out numerous times and either fell in love with them or not. I kind of went a tad crazy with the photos as well but what can I say, the packaging is gorgeous.



When these first came out in the UK I wasn't that excited about the lacquer balms and to this day almost a month and a half later I'm ashamed to say there still isn't one in my collection. As a result when I saw the 3 for 2 in Boots I might have just went ahead and picked up 3 of the matte colour burst balms from Revlon in the nicest colours I could find (and there's a lot, lets just say I took my time in Boots swatching away). I didn't want shades that were that similar so out of the three, I picked a bright  blue based pink in the shade "Showy", a coral in the shade "Unapologetic" and a browny plum shade in "Sultry" - all of which are beautiful on the lips. The packaging of these little balms are great, complete with a twist up bottom aka no stressing over not carrying a sharpener with you at all times which is always a plus if you have an ever expanding makeup case weighing your handbag down. 

Normally I find matte lipsticks quite drying or needing a good bit of work before applying but these don't need anything of the sort - the formula is actually creamy and a safe go to in the mornings when your rushing around. The pigmentation is fabulous as with all other Revlon lip products and often only one application is needed and it keeps in place for hours and hours. Another real bonus is that is has a light peppermint smell, not too noticeable for those who aren't keen on the smell but noticeable enough if you do. I definitely think that everyone should have at least one of these as I've fallen in love with this product and will most likely be purchasing a fair few more from the range, plus with the colour choices there's something for everyone :)


Has anyone else tried any of the matte balms? Or the laquer? Should I finally take the plunge and pick one up? 

Thanks for reading, Jenny xo 
5 comments on "Mad About Matte"
  1. These sound great, I do love Revlon products. The colours look pretty too:)
    Great post
    www.fairytalesandlittlewhitelies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Revlon really know what they're doing with their products, I definitely recommend checking them out :) such a range to suit all the seasons, thank you! Jenny xo

      Delete
  2. Hi there :) I am in love with these balms too! I also did a review on them, if you'd like to take a look :) they are just so delightful to wear!

    http://talknineteentoadozen.blogspot.co.uk/2014/03/revlon-colourburst-matte-balm-review.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they're amazing aren't they just! of course, i'll be sure to have a look :) i agree and so easy to just chuck in the handbag in case a top ups needed! Jenny xo

      Delete
  3. Hi :) I find you on Zoella's blog! Love it :) I like so much Unapologetic colors! Maybe I have to take them! :)

    www.aishettina.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time and effort to read my little blog and leave a comment, it means a lot! I read and reply to them all and you can also tweet me at @JennysEveryday_