Top Social

The Perfect MAC Quad: A Nude Lovers Heaven

8 January 2015
For a while I've been obsessed with reading, studying, swatching the extensive range of MAC eyeshadow shades (trust me theres alot) and reading/watching blog posts and youtube videos to try and narrow them down. I knew I wanted to make my own quad way back but I could never decide which shades to fill it with, which was a lot of hard work in itself but I finally narrowed it down, finished my quad and now I thought I'd share it because honestly its my new baby and probably will be for a long time!

MAC personal eyeshadow quad, pro palette, review, photo, swatches, finished
MAC Pro Palette, Nylon, All That Glitters, Eyeshadow, Review, Photo, Swatches
MAC eyeshadow pans, woodwinked and cork, review, photo, swatches, mac pro palette, quad, pan
Front: Woodwinked. Back: Cork
I know a lot of people opt for a 15 pan palette but honestly I could never see myself filling it or I'd end up just buying for the sake of it and that would be extremely pricey in the end so I thought a quad or a 4 pan would suit better and I can always buy/fill another in the future if I want. I'm a neutral junkie so obviously this palette was going to fit that trend but I feel as if I've created a versatile bunch which I can pop in my handbag and travel off anywhere with - I told you the quad comes in handy. I also quite like the fact the packaging is clear at the front so you can see exactly what you're grabbing in a rush.

The first shade I knew I had to have was a highlight colour for the inner corner or my eye or as a highlight on my brow bone for those days when I have the time (read:energy) to do that. It really does make all the difference to a look. I was contemplating Vanilla but that would have been even paler. Nylon is a pale gold with a little shimmer in it so it works, adding a little bit of warmth with it.

The second shadow is an all time blogger favourite: All That Glitters. I'd heard so many wonderful things about this shade and I was desperate to have it once I'd swatched. It's a stunning rose gold shade that I'm sure looks ten times better sweeped over the eyes instead of just in the pan, I'll keep you updated on that though.The third choice was Cork, a muted golden brown (bottom left). I needed a matte brown in my palette for the crease and such when I'm having a natural makeup day aka always and Cork just seemed like the perfect choice - not too light, not too dark so I'm excited to have it as a staple in my quad.

 Lastly but not least I picked up my final shade Woodwinked, again another classic MAC shade which is described as a 'warm antique gold', to me it looks like a shimmery brown but thats why I'm not a mua. It looks stunning as well, similarly to All That Glitters and I could imagine it looking amazing just with a quick sweep over the lid. Its slightly darker than Cork so I feel like I have all ends of the spectrum covered with my little palette but then again, you can never have too many eyeshadows so I might just start again and build a new quad oops. Hope you enjoyed it, I love reading these sort of mac palette posts and getting inspiration so please send me some links if you've a similar post.

Thanks for reading, Jenny xo
P.s what's your favourite MAC eyeshadow shade of all time? 

 Bloglovin'  //   Twitter  // Instagram  

17 comments on "The Perfect MAC Quad: A Nude Lovers Heaven "
  1. Gorgeous shades! I love my Mac Tempting, its such a pretty shade x
    Emma | Emmys Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you, I haven't heard too much about that one actually, I'll have to keep an eye out x

      Delete
  2. This is a gorgeous palette. I recently wrote a post about my own MAC quad x

    pintsizedbeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, I'll pop on over and have a read :) x

      Delete
  3. All That Glitter is one of my favourites as well - such a unique shade and just always looks lovely! I need to get Woodwinked as well :)

    Kat x
    KatHorrocks.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's just such a gorgeous shade! I completely agree, Woodwinked looks just as lovely x

      Delete
  4. I've recently hit pan on Woodwinked, so will definitely be picking a new one up soon. I love wearing it on its own because when you blend the crease it changes colour making it look as if you have applied a crease colour. I also definitely need to pick up All That Glitters! xo

    Jenny | That Northern Gal

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hate hitting pan, ooh that sounds wonderful and makes life a heck of a lot easier! I can't wait to try it! You do, I can't stop staring at it, its beaut x

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Aw thank you, you do - they're fab x

      Delete
  6. great in depth post, I'm never sure which MAC shades to go for so this is really helpful! would be really great if you could check out my fashion blog? :)

    Istylethereforeiiwear

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! I'm the exact same, I always want to know what people use each one for and such - I'm glad it helped :) Yeah, I definitely will x

      Delete
  7. Great shade picks! I usually opt for more of a neutral palette as well :)

    Vievelle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's just so much nicer I find, I couldn't see myself with a bright blue or orange - right out of my comfort zone lol! x

      Delete
  8. Gorgeous shades, I want to make my first palette this year, I will probably just go for the quad too :-).

    alice xo | beautybyalicee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I was um-ming and ah-ing aboout a 15 pan but I really would spend the next three years filling it and by that point the original shadows would be hitting pan! I definitely recommend the quad, its so adorable too! (and kinder to your bank balance) x

      Delete
  9. Aw thank you, I'm glad that you like it so much :) I'll definitely pop on over x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time and effort to read my little blog and leave a comment, it means a lot! I read and reply to them all and you can also tweet me at @JennysEveryday_