Top Social

NYX Haul // First Impressions

4 October 2016

For the past so many months, all beauty bloggers have been raving about NYX coming to their local Boots and unfortunately for me, it took a lot longer for it to be introduced to my local. In fact it's still pretty out of the way to get to the only NYX stand and because it's the only one, it's always half empty (the stock I mean, it literally flies off the shelf) crowded or I just can't get my swatching on so when I went to Manchester and saw not one but several NYX stands I couldn't contain my excitement!

My brother had already jetted off to New York earlier in the year and I made sure that he had a huge list of makeup I just needed to have and that's where my love for NYX started. I usually hate ordering a lip product online with no idea what the shades really like but with an ocean between us and a few hours of researching shades online, I decided on Antwerp. It's a similar colour to my Collection Cream Puff Lip Cream in Fairy Cake which is more of a coral shade and since its usually never off my lips, I thought I'd buy a similar NYX one that I knew I would get my wear out of too!

The Soft Matte Lip Creams are my favourite NYX lip product so far as they give such a smooth application and aren't drying in the slightest. I've found they last hours before needing re-applied and when they do eventually fade, they fade evenly so you're not forever checking your lipstick situation after eating or drinking. Therefore when I saw the NYX stand, I needed to pick up another and this time in the shade Cannes. It's a beautiful muted brown/pink, the perfect nude for everyday wear in my opinion! I actually ended up wearing this to the wedding and only needed to top up once (I had it on roughly 12 hours), after drinking copious drinks and a three course meal!

I'm not really a lipgloss kind of gal, lipstick yes, lipgloss no so although I'd heard lots of positive things about the NYX butter glosses I still wasn't sure. I thought I'd pick up one, quite close in colour to Cannes that I could apply over it and Tiramisu seemed like the perfect match. I was over the moon that it wasn't as sticky as I'd expected (think sticking to your hair in the wind) and long lasting. I also needed one of the NYX Lingerie Liquid Lipsticks in my life too - if I'm honest there wasn't that great a shade selection on the day I was there. It was drawing to the end of the day and you could tell that all the most popular shades had already been bought, that being said I was able to spot Embellishment which is a really unique shade, I think.

It's described as a dusky lavender shade and surprisingly I love it! Since I'm so pale (think ghostly) I try and avoid really dark or out there colours or most nudes so that I don't look completely washed out but this is amazing! It's a really flattering colour and I feel like it would suit most skin tones. Again, it's a matte formula but it feels almost velvety smooth on the lips and lasts ages! Overall I'm so happy that NYX is finally available in local Boots and I can get my hands on little beauties like these - my bank balance would probably disagree lol but I can't wait to pick up some more!

Thanks for reading, Jenny xo
P.s what are your NYX lip favourites?

3 comments on "NYX Haul // First Impressions"
  1. I love the Cannes shade, really is perfect for everyday looks :)

    Lotte | www.lottebeautybox.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. The soft matte lip creams are my favourite too, definitely agree about them not being drying!

    http://caitsnellgrove.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice post! I really want to get NYX Soft Matte Lip Creams, I have heard so much about them but I don't know which ones to choose.
    RĂłisĂ­n
    totallyro.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time and effort to read my little blog and leave a comment, it means a lot! I read and reply to them all and you can also tweet me at @JennysEveryday_